08.30 Registration & Coffee
09.00 Opening Remarks
Igor Ovcacik, Vice President – Relationship Manager, CEE, Country Manager – Czech Republic
Chairman: David Aldrich, Managing Director, Emerging Markets
09.10 Big Picture Presentation
Global Credit: Weakening Conditions As Growth Wanes and Risks Rise
Deceleration in growth indicative of post-peak conditions
Politics pose the biggest uncertainty, but secular trends pose challenges too
Brexit: outcomes and credit impact
Colin Ellis, Managing Director-Chief Credit Officer EMEA
09.35 Keynote Presentation
Mr Jan Vejmelek, Chief economist of Komercni banka
10.15 Sovereign Insights
CEE Sovereigns: Driven by robust credit metrics, challenged by institutional risks
- Which are the drivers for CEE sovereign credit in light of a more challenging global environment?
- How do political risks and policy uncertainty weigh on sovereign creditworthiness?
- How does the Czech Republic as CEE’s strongest sovereign fare in the EU context?
Olivier Chemla, Vice-President Senior Analyst, Sovereign Risk Group
10.45 Networking & Coffee Break
11.15 Banking Plenary Session
How well prepared are banks for a turn in the cycle?
- Will a downturn in property market distress banks’ loan portfolios?
- Strong capitalisation – is it here to stay?
- Why are Czech banks’ balance sheets very liquid and what lies ahead?
- How will technological advances and digitalisation shape Czech banks’ business models?
Armen Dallakyan, Vice President, Banking Group
Followed by a panel discussion: Bank of the Future
Led by Carola Schuler, Managing Director, Banking
Guest Speaker: Albert van Veen, Chief Operating Officer and Member of the Management Board of Moneta Money Bank
Guest Speaker: Josef Kotrba, Chairman of Deloitte Czech Republic
Guest Speaker: Margus Simson, Chief Digital Officer and Member of the Board of Komernci Banka a.s.
12.15 Corporate Plenary Session
Corporate credit quality at the peak of the credit cycle
- Low interest rates in the context of growth in the high-yield market
- Surge in highly-levered companies and default rates
- Downside risks
Martin Kohlhase, Vice President – Senior Credit Officer, Corporate Finance Group
Stefanie Voelz, Vice President - Senior Credit Officer, Public Projects & Infrastructure Finance Group
Guest Speaker: Filip Bělák, EP Infrastructure
13.00 Covered Bonds Presentation
How New Framework Will Impact Czech Covered Bonds
- Main changes to come
- Strengths and weaknesses of Czech new framework
- Old vs new covered bonds
Tomás Rodríguez-Vigil, Assistant Vice President – Analyst, Structured Finance Group